Monday, August 29, 2011

What am I doing?
I often stand leaning on the shower wall soaking up the warmth and the thoughts that both seem to either swirl down the drain or dry up after I step back into preparing for the day ahead.
However, two thoughts rained down on me that I don't want to let run away today.

First Thought:
How much water I waste taking 7-30 minute showers is really just as wasteful as my dad has been telling me since I was in the 8th grade. For some reason I pictured how much water was really dumping out of the shower head and now that I'm twenty-three years old it has finally sunk in. It really is ridiculous to stand in the same place half-asleep (sometimes more than half) for thirty minutes. This is me admitting I have a problem.

Second Thought:
My "small" and "insignificant" disobediences create habits. Habits create default settings in the brain. Having disobedience as a default setting scares the life out of me when I picture myself in times of crisis. Cliche for the day...every decision matters.

No comments:

Post a Comment