Wednesday, May 30, 2012

I left on a motorcycle trip across America fifty-seven days ago.
It lasted thirty-eight days.
I've been trying to figure out how to tell the story for nineteen days.
Here follows all accounts and recollections...well, some of them:

The Day Before:
I'm driving into the night down I-85 to Casey's loft.  We will leave from there tomorrow morning to take a trip into America's mysteries.  The city of Atlanta is just ahead and is bigger than it has ever been.  The buildings reach higher.  The car windows that act as TV screens, showing the world but not letting you in, are gone, and a breeze has taken their place.
This feels right.  It has begun; the trip, yes, but also the remainder of life.
Show me more of you, Jesus.
Deep breath.
Here comes life.  

No comments:

Post a Comment