Monday, June 14, 2010

There are two things that will always remind a boy that there is an ever-increasing pace to life:
Go-carts and marriage.
I was given the opportunity to experience both of those reminders this past weekend.

Reminder #1: After the rehearsal dinner, all of the gentlemen went out to compete in a gentleman's game. The game was a few simple laps around a track. However, our instruments of speed required signing our lives away, wearing neck braces, and keeping "your visor down on that helmet, son." Put twelve grown men on 40 mph go-carts and the only lap that will be run at a "safe pace" will be the first. From then on "get out of the way or I'll put you in the wall" will be the look in every racers eye. Just a tip: if your racer name is "Ace," you can't lose. I'm not saying that was my name...but I'm just sayin.

Reminder #2: The marriage of Rob and Erin Hardy. It was a worship service more than a wedding. Rob is a great friend of mine from high school and it meant so much to see him continue his worship of God through his union with Erin. Also, I will be sharing communion with my wife on our knees before God on my wedding day. Rob, thanks for the beautiful reminder of how relationships are meant to be communion with God at work.


This lyric was in one of the songs we sang at the wedding:
"When strivings cease."
I may look back on the explanation of my feelings toward this quote and consider them too raw or vulnerable, but I will not let that keep me from writing from my true state of mind.
I have not strived toward God this week. My efforts have ceased due to selfishness, complacency, and ignoring of conviction. I must begin fresh with this new day. God, help a helpless person.
"In Christ alone" am I forgiven and gripped by God's grace.

No comments:

Post a Comment