Friday, June 10, 2011

The future.
What is in it and what is not?

Here are two different sources saying the same thing beautifully.

"My bones are straining under the weight of the life I'm not living. Why didn't I treat every time like it was my last time? My greatest regret is how much I believed in the future." -Extremely Loud and Incredibly Close by Jonathan Safran Foer

"The Present is the point at which time touches eternity. In a word, the Future is, of all things, the least like eternity. It is the most completely temporal part of time--for the Past is frozen and no longer flows, and the Present is all lit up with eternal rays. We (forces of evil) want a whole race perpetually in pursuit of the rainbow's end, never honest, nor kind, nor happy now, but always using as a mere fuel wherewith to heap the altar of the future every real gift which is offered them in the Present." -The Screwtape Letters by C.S. Lewis

So what should I do?
Well, asking that question is a good start. However, I must only ask once and then I must just begin. For even asking a good question for too long becomes a vain pursuit.
Just live.

Today I will.

No comments:

Post a Comment