Sunday, January 6, 2013

Should our spirituality be based on passion or craftsmanship?

Do we base our relationship with the Word of God on how we feel?  Or are we willing to seriously study it?  Are we willing to view learning the Bible like we would view learning anything else?  Should "hard work"be a part of our spiritual vocabulary?

Am I willing to put in time of deliberate practice to know the Word of God and to make him known to those around me?  Will I ever actually know the Bible and be able to let others know about it if I don't?

How do we really gain deep knowledge?  Is memorization and meditation not on an entirely different level than the type of "studying the Bible" that I typically do?  Is my lack of focus on memorization of Scripture the reason I seem to coast?

No comments:

Post a Comment