Tuesday, October 20, 2009

I realized today that there might be another reason to why I don't get what I want all the time.

Here it is:
The things I desire seem to be good things. They seem to be the best things, at times. They are obviously things I think are good because I desire them. And I know we live in a "you can't always get what you want" society. But I was asking myself, "What if I could always get what I want? Would I want that?"

Then I thought about birthday parties and Christmas.

Sometimes you get what you want and everyone is happy. "Yay, we all knew it," is in the air.
But what about the, "No way! Really? This is awesome!" presents? The kind you remember for years and you define your Christmas by as a kid. "That was the year I got the..."

What if God wants to surprise me?
What if He knows what I want and just simply wants to give me something better that I can't see yet?
What if He wants to blow my mind and say, "You thought this was what was best for you, but look at what I've set up for you."



God wants to surprise me.



Speaking of blowing minds...read about the whirlwind in Job 38.

No comments:

Post a Comment