Thursday, October 29, 2009





R.I.P.

Rest...In...Peace.

We see this everywhere around Halloween.
Blood, guts, and gore are our entertainment.
"Hey man, my costume is cooler than yours because, I mean, you look dead, but I look really dead."
The nastier the better, right?
It's interesting that, in the middle of this, a subtle message of beautiful hope has squeezed it's way in.

What if...what if this statement is for life, and not death alone?
What if peace is something we could gain and rest was simply the result of that gain?
The promise of entering into rest still stands.
So let's reach it.
Peace cannot come from something that has no peace...aka...me.
So it must come from something out of this world.

If you are tired, peace is your answer.



Joy found in gravestones.

No comments:

Post a Comment