Sunday, September 11, 2011

2 Peter 3:9 laid it all out on the table for me in a new way today.
God's personal will for me...to come to repentance.

Now, let's just assume something that is impossible to assume. Let's pretend I live 90 years. That seems like a pretty good run.
If I live 90 years I will die sometime in 2078.
According to 2 Peter, and I wholeheartedly believe him, before 2078 my main job is to come to repentance and help others do the same.

That only gives the feeling of "plenty of time" or "I'll begin that later" to you and me if we do two things:
-If we are ignorant of the fact that time disappears like a vapor. It is going away as you read this and surf on with your next mouse click.
-If we have small dreams. How many people do you want to help bring to repentance?

"Lord Jesus Christ, Son of God, have mercy."

No comments:

Post a Comment