Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Prayer:
"God, do something about my friend who is looking for his connection to spirituality in all the wrong places? Do something about my impure thoughts and actions? Do something about those who go hungry? Do something about people who have no connection to family or community? God, do something about my career confusion? Do something about people losing their jobs? Do something about genocide? Do something about the salvation of that person I love?"

God's Response:
"I already did do something--I made you."

One of the best ways I've ever heard a prayer started is, "so let us pray, and let us become the answer to our prayers."

In no way am I trying to undermine the power and work of God in a life or moment. However, let's just think about how much he has already done and not use prayer as a substitute for action.

No comments:

Post a Comment