Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Well, I have committed.
"Man, if this thing ever comes to a close we need to just take a trip. I don't know, maybe we should hike the Appalachian Trail or jump on some motorcycles and head across America. Anything, really."

I'm going with the second one.
On April 1st, Casey and I will be heading out on a motorcycle trip across America. The goal is not the destination, but the miles in between. We'll probably ride the Pacific coast, take the back roads, see the Grand Canyon, and walk around in Montana, but all the details are yet to be planned. I haven't even left yet and I feel as if I have been extremely blessed in the pursuit of this trip. I'll write more about that later.

Is it a trip to "find myself?" No. It's a trip to find the thin places; the places where the distance between heaven and earth is small. I've heard it said that the Spirit of God rides in on the four winds. This trip is about trying to find all four and have the Spirit blow me away.

I am just searching for moments, and I want to stay in the habit of following through with dreams.
This is not a running away, but a running back from a different direction.
If I run far enough I'll be on my way back home.
I just want to head out so that when I head back in I can "love it again for all new reasons."

No comments:

Post a Comment