Monday, February 13, 2012

Your house is burning down.
Everyone is out.
What do you take?

An old book, that thing she made, some photos and notes in the drawer, the bag that carries my soul on paper, the guitar that smells like west.

What does that say about who you are?

I'm a son and a brother and a man on my own. I don't like watching movies twice. I read other people's inspirations and steal them so that I feel like I'm living a full life. The things I want to be the best at I feel like I'm the worst at. My greatest fear is forgetting, but I have a hard time planning. I oftentimes write to release my conviction of doing. I memorize things that will help me in the future, and then I forget them shortly after. Magic and wonder are two of my favorite words. Posed photos seem like cheating. I hate offices and love mountains. I like it when old things work like new.

How'd I get this way?
Ask yourself.

No comments:

Post a Comment